Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.o

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU and FSF Organizational Files
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:24:22 -0800

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 05:55:22PM -0500, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

>   The only thing "lost" by this change is this:
>
>    Currently, anyone who wants to *update* /gd/gnuorg need only edit the
>    files in fencepost:/gd/gnuorg.  Under this new system, such an updater
>    would have to ask me or someone else to add them to the savannah project
>    for "gnuorg".  I could certainly add anyone who has an account on
>    fencepost already on a case-by-case basis if they need to update stuff in
>    /gd/gnuorg.
>
> I realize this change does indeed add another step in the process that
> wasn't there before, but it seems quite minor to me.

As long as this is acceptable, it's fine with me.

> Anyway, if you want, we could run this whole issue by RMS for a final
> decision.  My position remains that gnuorg should be imported such that
> anoncvs is turned off and with world-readable update-on-commit for
> fencepost:/gd/gnuorg/.

I care less about what RMS thinks on this topic then the system-hackers
community in general.  I invite public comment on this proposal.  If
there are no objections, I will proceed on the assumption of concensus.

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.