[Savannah-hackers] Re: switch to CVS/Savannah

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: switch to CVS/Savannah
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:18:32 +0100 (CET)

Leonard H. Tower Jr. writes:
 > On
 >         https://savannah.gnu.org/account/register.php
 > Change
 >     "Login Name (if you have a gnu.org account, use that account name):"
 > to:
 >     "Login Name (if you have a gnu.org or subversions pserver account, use
 > that account name):"
 >
 > As I learn more and more of the twisty little passages about
 > subversions.gnu.org ;-}

 :-) I don't think this will be necessary. All the persons who have a pserver
account on subversions.gnu.org were informed many times in the past month.
Another (more compelling) motivation for keeping this outside the page is
that if a user has both a pserver and kerberos account with the same
name but different password then it should use the kerberos password, not
the pserver password. In other words it's a bit tricky, too tricky to be
explained in the page. I'd better keep the pserver info hidden because it
relates to very few people and will probably confuse the population of
kerberos users and generate questions.

 Let me know if this makes sense,