Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.o

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU and FSF Organizational Files
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:54:29 -0800

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:48:58AM -0500, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

> > How is this different than the 'gnudocs' repository that already exists?
>
> (I assume based on what we did with www.gnu.org that it's possible to have
>  subprojects with people in control of them.  If not, who is currently in
>  control of gnudocs and what is in there now?)

gnudocs is the repository where the CVS, Accounts, and Gnats folks store
their documentation.  I posted an email a year or so ago asking if I
could move /gd/gnuorg into CVS, and got a couple 'no', and random
'maybe's.  I didn't want to screw anything up, so I created gnudocs for
the subversions documentation, and I've been slowly moving any
documentation I have control over into this place.

There are no subprojects - The web site handling is a whole pile of magic
that Loic wrote.

I have given you write access to 'gnudocs' on subversions.  If you have
root on subversions, you can add people to the list yourself.  If you are
not comfortable doing this, please email address@hidden  The
following people have write access to it:

gord,jbailey,nferrier,hgayosso,loic,mhw,bkuhn

Feel free to add anyone to this.  It's not intentionally restricted.  I
just can't think of a good way of providing write access to all of GNU,
and not the whole world.  You can check this out using anoncvs (to help
offset this problem) so please do not store any passwords in here.

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.