savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: [bug #6554] include in savannah/frontend/php/bugs

From: Xavier-Francois Vigouroux - Sun Microsystems
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: [bug #6554] include in savannah/frontend/php/bugs/reporting.php is incorrect
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:15:46 +0100

Vincent Caron wrote:
Xavier-Francois Vigouroux - Sun Microsystems wrote:

I tried this version and have some problems...perhaps I should submit bugs !!! however, I have no time currently to efficiently screen the
problem. This leads me to two questions

- what is the last "validated" version of savannah. Perhaps,
  this is the DEV_2003-09-05_CERN one ?

I think it would be more realist to say 'head'. The CERN branch is about to be deployed on savannah.gnu.org (maybe in a few weeks, but who knows ? :)), so it's not that 'unvalidated'.

Ok, So I will subscribe to a mailing list to have the announcement

- Has the database strucutre changed since the "HEAD" revision ?
  This point is very important as my detabase is now populated with
  real data.

Yes, the database structure changed from the HEAD version. There are scripts to upgrade, but not to downgrade AFAIK. It looks like you are now stuck with 'modern' code and are bound to help us make it work sooner than planned ;). On the good side, you will have better support with this up-to-date code, since coders are right into it now.

:-) concerning the database, I kept the previous one and made test on another database.

concerning my participation, I think the first thing is for me to be a good beta-tester. Thus, I will submit all bugs I see (with a good screening). After this first phase, as I will have a better understanding of the internal, I agree to participate more actively.

are you ok with this proposal ?

concerning my CV - I am 34, married 2 child. worked in Hp (telecom), SUN (telecom and HA), I am now in Sun Labs (www.sunlabs.com) on a parallel machine project.

--
 / __// / //  \      Xavier Vigouroux x38011