rule-list

Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.

From: bugler
Subject: Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:58:01 -0600

Quoting C David Rigby <address@hidden>:

> Hi Gabriel, et. al.,
>
>       I have experimented a bit with a Presario 1080 that I have which also
> possesses a Cirrus Logic controller.  The problem with this machine is
> that apparently the base address of the controller is non-standard, and
> so it is not found by the i82365 driver module.  Here is how I got it to
> work for an NFS install:
> [snip]

David:  Great!  This worked like a charm!  Thankyou very much.

I'm not done yet... but I wanted to give you quick feedback that your advice
helped.  In the mean-time... I've run into other trouble that I'll try to work
out for myself.  (i.e. having trouble setting up NFS server, IP addresses,
etc... I'm a noob to TCP/IP as well as Linux.  In fact, I think I broke my
loopback on my desktop machine!)

When I'm done, I will definately publish a full report on the RULE project site
(under Testing).

Everyone:  thankyou for all your help thus far.

-Gabriel