Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems

From: Kevin Horton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:07:01 -0500

On 5 Nov 2005, at 23:59, Ben Escoto wrote:

Kevin Horton <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:06:11 -0500
On 2 Nov 2005, at 01:25, Ben Escoto wrote:

4. The backup attempt eventually failed with a ___File name too
long___ error.

This should be fixed in version 1.1.1.

I put the offending file back where it was when it caused the error, and tried a backup using version 1.1.2. The file with the long name was correctly backed up, and I opened it to be sure everything was OK.

This problem appears to be fixed.

I'm making a fresh backup with carbonfile enabled, and I will report back once I have done some testing.

Kevin Horton