Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4

From: Kevin Horton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:12:00 -0500

On 6 Nov 2005, at 09:12, Ben Escoto wrote:

Kevin Horton <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:13:45 -0500

I'll build v1.1.2 today and start trying it out.

Thanks, you'll also need the carbonfile patch that I mentioned to Blair
Zajac:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff- backup/rdiff_backup/rpath.py.diff?r2=1.95&r1=1.94&diff_format=u

Sorry for all these Mac OS X problems..  I usually depend heavily on
automatic testing---there are a lot of tests (200ish?) that get run on
rdiff-backup before a release.  But clearly those don't help find
errors in the Mac specific code.

I grabbed the patch.  Thanks.

I'm not upset about the OS X specific problems. It is completely understandable that you can't test for this yourself.

How do you do your automatic testing? I wonder if I can use my machine to do some automatic tests on OS X? I'm willing to try, but I am not a developer, so there are no guarantees that I will be able to make it work.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada