Re: [RP] redisplay command

From: Jeff Abrahamson
Subject: Re: [RP] redisplay command
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 08:39:42 +0200

Thanks both for your feedback. It's clear the function still has some use, but leaving just the binding C-L is assuredly good.

In implementing push-window and pull-window (not yet committed to trunk), I've assigned keys h and l (last letters of push and pull).

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57
+44 7920 594 255    <-- only if I'm in the UK

http://jeff.purple.com/
http://blog.purple.com/jeff/

On 8 September 2014 23:29, Joren Van Onder <address@hidden> wrote:
The only time I use redisplay is for sunvox [1]. For some reason it
doesn't take up the entire frame when it starts. A redisplay fixes that.

> I'm not proposing to remove the function, but I wonder if it needs to stay
> in the default key binding map, which seems noisy to me.

I use it so rarely I wouldn't mind it being removed from the binding map
if it bothers people. On those rare occasions I can just as well execute
redisplay directly with C-t colon.

[1] http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/

--
        Joren