[RP] Transparent terminal recommendation?

From: ratpoison-devel
Subject: [RP] Transparent terminal recommendation?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:36:27 -0400

Hello, all,

  I use ratpoison exclusively, but am a wallpaper junkie.  I usually
only see the edges of the wallpaper around my terminal, but I like to
just barely see it transparently through the terminal, too.

  Unfortunately, all of the terminals I know about don't show the
wallpaper set by xloadimage -onroot when you select transparency.  Does
a terminal with that setting exist?

  I currently set the current wallpaper file as the background, but
window location and splitting screens destroys the effect.

 Sincerely yours,
   John B.
--
You can't have everything; where would you put it? -Stephen Wright