[RP] Ratpoison doesn't properly handle the WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol.

From: Eric A
Subject: [RP] Ratpoison doesn't properly handle the WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol.
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 15:56:05 -0400

Hi,

I have ran into another problem with Java Swing applications. This
time, however, I'm pretty sure it's not a Java bug, like the one with
a workaround mentioned in ratpoison's FAQ. This bug creates issues
with the focus of text boxes in Swing.

I believe that this same bug was discovered and corrected in Xmonad. A
thorough discussion and solution to it can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=177 .

I will try to come up with a patch for ratpoison, but obviously
someone familiar with ratpoison and X could do so much more quickly.

Thanks,
Eric