Re: [RP] Transparent terminal recommendation?

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [RP] Transparent terminal recommendation?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:39:37 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 08:36:27AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
>   Unfortunately, all of the terminals I know about don't show the
> wallpaper set by xloadimage -onroot when you select transparency.  Does
> a terminal with that setting exist?

I use urxvt (aka rxvt-unicode) which displays the background image I
set with fvwm-root. I also know that normal rxvt as well as aterm are
capable of this pseudo-transparency. And IIRC Eterm can do it, too.

BTW: Anyone tried to use some real transparency (like the stuff compiz
does) with ratpoison?

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)