Re: [RP] Re: the continuing quest for no rodent dependence

From: John Meacham
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: the continuing quest for no rodent dependence
Date: Sat Jul 5 02:51:19 2003

XFree86 has it built in. alt-numlock or shift-numlock enables it i
think, the number pad acts like a mouse then and you can click with
various keys. to paste in xterm use shift-insert, 'screen' combined with
a utility such as 'xclip' will allow cut-n-paste with just the keyboard
in a terminal app, although it would be nice if xterm supported it
nativly. in any case there is no need to put this in the window manager
or need it built into the x server.
everything that can be implemented can be done so in an X application.
sort of like how xbindkeys works. see the XTEST extension for a good way
to simulate fake keyboard/mouse events from an application.
        John