[RP] :info to return actual window title?

From: fist_187
Subject: [RP] :info to return actual window title?
Date: Sat Jul 5 09:30:08 2003

hi everyone-

i just noticed that there was a mailing list and a ratpoison 1.2.2, this suggestion comes from 1.1.1 so my apologies if its been fixed.

a lot of times i use the :title command to give things shorter names, like 'www' 'mail' 'chat' and so on, so my window list doesnt go off the screen. i think the :info command would be more useful if you could include the window's actual title in the display instead of the title i assign.

i dont know how everyone else feels about this, but there are a few ways i think you could go about doing this:

- replace the user-assigned title in :info with the real one permanently
- include both titles in the display, like "[usertitle] long real title"
- make a :command to toggle the option, so we can set it in .ratpoisonrc

going to check out 1.2.2 later today
-ian