Re: [RP] Spam & Bugs

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Spam & Bugs
Date: Mon Dec 9 16:07:02 2002

Dylan Evans <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I signed up to this list a few days ago with my real
> email address, in that time i've had more spam
> forwarded to me than in the past six months. (yeah
> it's pretty pure). Anyway it's too annoying so now i'm
> subscribing with this fake yahoo address which i never
> check.

Just recently there seems to be a surge of SPAM on this list. It used
to be about 1 a month or less. I'm not sure why. And I don't think
there's much I can do...any suggestions?

> Now onto ratpoison, i like it, but it dumps monster
> cores on freebsd 4.3 release when putenv is called
> unchecked in the spawn function of actions.c. The fix
> is simple, just put a check in like
>
> if(!getenv("DISPLAY"))
> putenv(current_screen()->display_string);
>
> This refers to the release code, although i checked
> the cvs code i couldn't get it configured in a
> reasonable amount of time.

Thanks Dylan. I'll look at CVS. I believe there have been some changes
surrounding that bit of code.

As for configuring ratpoison from CVS, there is a file:
autogen.sh. execute it and it'll do all the setup, then just type
'make'.

Thanks,
Shawn