[RP] Spam & Bugs

From: Dylan Evans
Subject: [RP] Spam & Bugs
Date: Mon Dec 9 04:18:03 2002

Hi,
I signed up to this list a few days ago with my real
email address, in that time i've had more spam
forwarded to me than in the past six months. (yeah
it's pretty pure). Anyway it's too annoying so now i'm
subscribing with this fake yahoo address which i never
check.

Now onto ratpoison, i like it, but it dumps monster
cores on freebsd 4.3 release when putenv is called
unchecked in the spawn function of actions.c. The fix
is simple, just put a check in like

if(!getenv("DISPLAY"))
putenv(current_screen()->display_string);

This refers to the release code, although i checked
the cvs code i couldn't get it configured in a
reasonable amount of time.

Thanks.