qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Making qemu use 10.0.3.x not 10.0.2.x

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Making qemu use 10.0.3.x not 10.0.2.x
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:12:26 +0100

On Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 22:34:04, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I agree with this - guesswork and invisible options can be confusing.
> That's why I suggest what I think is the simplest solution: Just let this
> be overridable on the command line.

Isn't the user-net IP irrelevant to the outside? AFAIK, it just causes
Qemu to act as a normal TCP/IP client to the OS it's running on, and
the guest OS simply can't accept incoming connections (nobody actually
knows that the program issuing the connections is actually hosting an
OS inside).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

In specifications, Murphy's Law supersedes Ohm's.
       -- Klipstein's Law of Specifications