pupa-devel

Re: PowerPC port of PUPA

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: PowerPC port of PUPA
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:36:11 +0100

On Saturday 24 January 2004 01:35, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Here is a patch that makes it possible start PUPA on the new world
> apple macintoshes (PPC).  It only adds support for the console (which
> does not work correctly because of some Open Firmware weirdness) and
> disk(+partition) support.

Fantastic! Finally we got a multi-arch boot loader. :)

> A big part of the code (like it is mentioned in the changelog entry)
> was written by Johan Rydberg.  Is it ok if I mention him in THANKS
> and AUTHORS together with what he did?

Sure, but I need to ask Johan to assign his copyright to the FSF. I
guess I don't have to explain to him why a copyright assignment is
important, since he has been contributing to GNU so long.

Johan, would you mind signing an assignment paper? If you have no
problem, I will send a request form to you later.

Marco, if Johan agrees on his copyright assignment, you can commit your
patch without my approval. I don't want to stop your development.

> I hope some people can test this patch for me.  I only have tested it
> on my laptop.  If you want to test it in psim (PPC simulator, it is a
> part of gdb), it can be done if you remove the "claim" in init. (In
> that case the memory will not be properly allocated, but in psim that
> works fine).

I will test it with my iBook when I take holidays. This will be in two
weeks.

Okuji