pupa-devel

Re: Normal mode patch

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Normal mode patch
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:01:02 +0100

On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:31, Marco Gerards wrote:
> > * One can write a config file in her native language.
>
> What do you mean with this?  Having text in your own language on the
> "title" line, I assume not because that is what you are saying below?
> I assume you do not want to translate the names of the commands, etc?
> Can you please give a short example or explain this?

I don't want translated command names.
I don't want translated command options.
I might not want translated error messages. I'm not sure about this.

But I mean only what I wrote really. The others do not mention the
contents of files, so there is no duplicated description. From users'
point of view, there is no difference between "ls
file_name_with_non_ascii_chars" and "cat
file_containing_non_ascii_chars", but these are different for
developers.

Okuji