pspp-dev

Re: Re: criteria for version 1.0

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: criteria for version 1.0
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:51:36 +0900

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 08:53:16PM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:

     Anyway, before version 1.0 can be released PSPP(ire) in my opinion needs:
     - a commandline interface to make it possible to use it the
     mswindows way

I'm looking at improving the command line argument parsing.  Hopefully
I'll have something soon.

     - internationalization for the decimal

I thought I fixed this problem?

     - a stable help feature with good help text (I have never been able to
     see the current one working)

Yes.  None of the Help buttons currently do anything.   If a reference
manual were written for psppire in an objective kind of way, then it
would be possible to link the buttons to appropriate sections.
However, I was quite surprised that when (a few months ago) I searched
for an existing framework for such a scheme, I couldn't find one.

     - graphic output

Yes.

     - the command "add files" implemented

I think Ben is working on this.