[Protux-devel] linux audio meeting at zkm karlsruhe; a conclusion

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: [Protux-devel] linux audio meeting at zkm karlsruhe; a conclusion
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 11:11:52 +0200

hi,

as I said ... I was there at two days listening to some talks and presentations
and talking with some of the guys and so on .... maybe we can meet us next year
and doing some presenattion or talk on next years meeting? Would be nice!!!!

first of all some good news:
agnula released a knoppix based audio distro including protux and of course all
other important apps in linux world as well ;-)
http://www.agnula.org/Members/sama/demudi_1_1_1_news

and also suse released a live audio distro don't including protux :-(

but there is a noticeable thing ... the first app that is running after startup
on both distros  is jack, which seems to become more and more important in
audio world, or maybe it tends to be  the "main thing"??
I don't know, but I would suggest to give protux the ability to be a jack
client if needed!
SO, the advantage would be that users could use jamin __in the meantime__ to
master her audio files recorded by protux, for example.

greetings and, of course, rfc ;-))
reinhard