Re: [Protux-devel] Question about MustuxDrawable

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Question about MustuxDrawable
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:23:50 +0200

oops, send it to the wrong address, here it is for the mailinglist ;-)

> firt QT implementations was using Canvas. That fit a lot for mustache
> (score editing) but not for audio drawing,specially because of the zoom
> issues.. also, MustuxWidget has other purposes than simply drawing. It is a
> concept not a drawarea only. thats why we prefer qwidget as base class
>
> anyway, save that for mustache. it will help a lot..

Ok, I will do that, but I don't understand why it doesn't fit for the audio
drawing, as that was the specific area I thought it would be very helpfull
performancewise, and in regard to zooming or other paint issues for
audioClips, QCanvas is using a QPaint device as well, so thats not the
difference. Are there more things I don't know of at the moment?
(I know, there are no QKeyeVent, QMouseEvents available, but we don't use them
at the moment for clips, and the parent widget is still Song's widget, and
thats where event handling takes place, so..... Oh, and MTA which will be an
QCanvasView has all the possibilites a QWidget has. Can we discus this on
IRC? Would be the first time ;-) )

I had in mind to make a (special) QCanvasItem for the clips so moving a clip
or even playing (so the whole screen moves) does require no or much less
actual drawing of the clips, it will then only be moved as a whole.
Don't know yet how I had to do it, but it would also be helpfull during
record, where the clip is painted life, and CPU usage has to be kept to a
minimum to make sure we can have all recourses for low latency.

Anyway, I'll put some paint stuff in the new classes and upload it, so we can
use it when it's time :-)

Remon