[Protux-devel] Question about MustuxDrawable

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Question about MustuxDrawable
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:39:13 +0200

Hello all,

MustuxDrawable is implemented as a QWidget, but shouldn't QCanvas be a better
choice?

 It has almost the same possibilities as QWidget but is better designed for
drawing multiple items on it.
Benefits are speed and memory usage as well as ohters. I coded allready some
bits, but protux classes has to be updated a lot to make use of QCanvas, so
I'd like to know first what you think about it.
I made the Classes MustuxCanvasView and MustuxCanvas which is then a
replacement for MustuxWidget and MustuxDrawableRegion in the classes which
paint directly to the canvas (formerly widget) like Track, CursorManager,
AudioClip, etc.

Of course, an RFC for this ;-)

Some notes for ALSA stuff, the docs are updated, so I found out for example
that 2 streams can be easily synced with the "pcm_link(capture_handle,
playback_handle) for example.

Another note: It isn't clear how Track, TrackPanel interacts with eachother.
This is especially true in regard to the update routines, which repaints the
tracks, trackpanels, etc.

Thanks, and waiting for your answer,

Remon