Re: [Protux-devel] Proposition : no more non-stable releases

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Proposition : no more non-stable releases
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:13:20 +0100

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:59:40 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> you right, not exactly. I am proposing they use the curren CVS code in a form
> of a tarball OR in a form of
> raw tree (by cvs checkcout'ing)
>
> so here is
>
> Normal User --> last stable release
> More courageous user -> nightly cvs tarball
> Insane tester -> cvs checkout

in fact there is not big difference between downloading a nightly cvs tarball
or direct cvs checkout. In both case you are never sure if the code is in a
compilable state. The only difference is that in the first case you don't need
to know anything about cvs, which can be a good thing so more people can test.

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch