[Protux-devel] OpenMusic?

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] OpenMusic?
Date: 23 Nov 2002 18:22:45 -0200

Hey guys,

I just downloaded a Knoppix 3.1 CD. Its a Linux distribution that you
are supposed to run from the CD. (its kind of nice when you wan't to
avoid using windows alltogether. . .like myself!!!)

But on the CD there are some Audio Samples, which are part of a project
that I only heard of about today. Its called to OpenMusic Project, and
that just interested me a whole bunch. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
They have the OML (Open Music Licence) much similar to the GPL, but
their homepage is all in German, so I couldn't read it. The english
version is ALSO in german, and I thought that was weird. ..

Anyway, I have a draft version of their License (v.1.1), and perhaps
someone who speaks german could tell us a bit more about the project's
site. At least the license was in english.. . . (it would be even cooler
if it was in portuguese) Their homepage is supposedy
http://openmusic.linuxtag.org

The License is quite interesting, but I couldn't quite grasp all of it,
because I can berelly see my screen (i've been staring at it for sooooo
long today!) So I'll resume it some other time for you guys (or perhaps
send it in the email if you guys like. . .

See you all later.
Fabio.

--
Fabio dos Santos <address@hidden>