[Protux-devel] Bugreporting system

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Bugreporting system
Date: 23 Nov 2002 14:28:42 -0200

Hey Guys,

Luciano, I have a question: Does the Savannah page have a Bug system
like that in the SourceForge one? it would be nice if we could
centralize all the bugs, because it would probably make it easier to
maintain them. Meanwhile, I think we'll have to to keep putting them on
the mailing list and asking for Reinhard to add them to the list. . .

So here it goes, reinhard, if you would please add these bugs to the BL.
. . . BTW this is Protux-0.15.8  and libmustux-0.15.81

1. The logo is still not working on my system. For some reason its
half-cut. (just a small corner of it) showing. The photo has not changed
since the last time I sent it. ..

2. If you compile W/O alsa, and try to run Protux, it just exits with a
segmentation fault. it would be wise if it exited saying that it
couldn't inicialize ALSA drivers or something similar to that. . . .
This is temporary. But it tells you something about inicialization. It
really should be a bit more wordy regarding errors, and things that it
could not do. . . . My suggestion would be: we are going to have to
implement a history window (especially when we have the UNDO funcions
implemented right?). Why not a Device/Debug/Kernel-Protux History as
well? That it constantly updates what Protux tried to do, and what it
could or could not do and for what reason? It will make debuggin even
more easy afterwords.

3. The percentage bar is still not working. I'm just pointing it out
again because I didn't see it on the BL. Its how the Percentage bar is
working during the import session. . . I think I sent of photo of this
as well. . .

4. This isn't actually a bug, its more of a correction. Protux isn't
designed for KDE. Its designed for QT. . . . . I'm Running it under
Gnome, and it works fine. Perhaps this is a good correction to make
regarding the project. The reason for this is that you can run Protux
under Fluxbox, or Gnome, XFCE, Blackbox, or anything like that and it
will work fine. Whereas most of us (who are in the project) know that
that's possible, most normal musicians or tecnicians won't get that
right away, so the names do become a problem. It means that the
prerequesites are actually
1. Professional/Good Soundcard, and equipament for recording.
2. A computer running GNU OS/XFree86 (Hey, who knows, perhaps one day we
can run Protux from a GNU/Hurd machine, or GNU/FreeBSD workstation!!!!)

Also, for the wishlist. I'm not sure what we are planning to do with the
other Function Keys (F-keys). But we could have it acess automatically
all of the tabs in the File/Project Manager. . . . . Or perhaps have
them be the save/load/undo/redo etc. . . keys. . . .

Well guys,
that's it for this email.
Fabio.