Re: [Protux-devel] vtable problem

From: tapio laxström
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] vtable problem
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:05:43 +0200

Luciano Giordana wrote:
Sorry, I didnt get it, do you mean that it is necessary to run make -f admin/Makefile.common for tarballs ??

yes. the .moc.cc files are in already and .moc.o files are compiled, but for some reason those are not linked to library, unless you run make -f admin/Makefile.common

did you check if the libmustux.a / or libmustux.so have the .moc.o files inside after make dist

I tested it by:
- uninstalling all protux stuff from my system
- then takeing clean cvs checkouts from savannah
- makeing tarballs:
    make -f admin/Makefile.common
    ./configure --with-QT2 --enable-mt
    make dist
- copying tarballs to new directories
- untarring those
- and running for both libmustux and protux (untared) directories:
    make -f admin/Makefile.common
    ./configure --with-QT2 --enable-mt
    sudo make install

No vtable errors and working protux binary :)

And that 'make -f admin/Makefile.common' for tarballs is critical in vtable sense.

--
best regards