playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: tinyvid.com?

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: tinyvid.com?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:35:57 -0400

John Sullivan wrote:
> Sure, I agree with that, but to me it's a little more like antiword,
> which converts a proprietary format to a free one. It's a temporary
> conversion measure.

I'm not complaining that they're providing a way to convert (say)
wmv->ogg.  I'm complaining they're telling people to convert
wmv->flv->ogg, using YouTube.  Cut out the middle man.

>> I also don't see why they are using Facebook instead of a free framework
>> like OpenID.
>
> They are using OpenID now, at least.

Yes, it's obviously a new feature, still poorly documented (see "Videos
can be associated with your FaceBook account if you are logged in.") on
the main page.

Matt Flaschen