Re: Pingus release 0.6.1 planned - your help is requested to make it bet

From: cagri coltekin
Subject: Re: Pingus release 0.6.1 planned - your help is requested to make it better
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:20:38 +0100

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:29:41PM +0100, Tomas Blaha wrote:
> I would like to finish czech translation. Currently iso-8859-2 version of
> Expletive deleted is needed. I could try to create it from iso-8859-1
> variant, at least czech characters which could be a quite simple
> composition of accents already present in latin1. Is there .ttf of
> expletive deleted somewhere around?

ExpletiveDeleted is not a complete iso-8859-1 font. There are
lots of tweaking on the bitmap fonts used in pingus. In the ttf
font a lot of iso latin1 accents are also misisng.

I could not find the original location I got the font, but you
can get it from:

http://www.hebelek.org/~cagri/ExpletiveDeleted/

.ttf file is the original font I got somewhere, I could not reach
now. .sfd file includes accents I've added at some point (I used
pfaedit on Linux for that).

If you change the font, let me know so that we can merge our
changes to the same ttf font file. It may help a lot if we decide
to use a different font size etc. in the future.

Cheers,
--
cagri