Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] status of trunk in svn

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] status of trunk in svn
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:23:21 +0200

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> Dave Hall wrote:

>> This is a question for Sigurd to answer.
>>

> I'm glad to see that the activity is picking up, there has been very little of
> it on savanna (except for ged) lately - and the sync has mostly moved code one
> way - and the code needs manual tweaking before sync:

Well glad also to see that you're alive Sigurd... there have been
several posts on this list about meging evolutions from the famous
<<resight tree>>

we're all waiting for this deadlock to be solved to go on with .18
testing and stabilization.

I raised several issues on current svn trunk that need patching and i've
been answered that waiting for the merge was the best option

> 1) The resight project really need a method for quickly switch from
> developer-mode to end-user mode - suspending the notices to be printed due to
> frequently testing and demonstration of the system for non-developers.
>
> This is implemented in the resight tree as a check on the error-log-level -
> and
> it would be very nice if the community - at least for now - could allow this
> feature to survive.

well such a feature seems rather a good thing than a bad one

but i can't see that as enough to delay the merge we are all waiting for.

> 2) We are working on a new template - as until yesterday was temporary named
> as
> 'newdesign' - some renaming  - and it should be ok to sync across.

that's a nice thing but there again this can be adressed as a separate thing

> 3) The structure is not identical in the two repos.

what is the difference ? does it make merge processus harder than i
imagine ?

Maât