Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft

From: Evan Sebire
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:23:26 +0100

Hi all,
        first of all I would like to congratulate you on this effort to get
synchronisation into groupware,

Are you trying to do this all in php? (I think the answer is no), I've been
working on getting syncml to work (in php) but the client I'm testing with is
using wbxml which is a little bit tricker and until now have not been able to
find any working php code, so I'm relying on libxml  to change wbxml to xml
and then process the sync.  Not really suitable for a easy to install
phpgroupware!
I started out using the code from http://nicolas.bougues.net/syncml/ , but as
soon as the client is not a p800 I've run into problems, so are currently
re-writting using DOM, but at the moment I'm not to far.
My client is a sony Ericsson T610 and is suppose to use syncml 1.0 but the
credentials are in the syncbody, which is not any standard.  Anyway the point
I'm trying to make is that if you want to integrate syncml into phpgroupware
you should stick to version 1.1, this will probably break a lot of device
compatability but in a year or two these devices will probably be not on the
market, hopefully!
As for palm I have no idea.

        Evan Sebire