[Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM availab

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM available from CheapBytes.com)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:55:47 +1100

Hi all,

Now to put an end to the unproven claims from EGO regarding alledged
copyright infringements in phpGroupWare.

The situation is this.

Pim Snell created a template which *may* involve a breach of copyright -
known as idots.

Ralf Becker imported this template into the phpGroupWare cvs treee.

EGO made some changes to the idots template almost 2 weeks ago, the cvs
log makes mention of copyright issues, but there is no further
information that could be found regarding this using google.

Reneir Jung has made some claims about phpGW containing material that is
in breach of copyright.  The was done on a thread discussing the release
of DotGNU 0.1.  The appears to be a lame attempt at FUD PR from EGO.

No one from EGO would provide any further information regarding the
claims made.

After some research the source of the images has been identified.

We are now in discussion with The phpBB Group regarding which images are
effected and how they want the matter resolved.

We will not be making any changes to the idots template until we have
further information from The phpBB Group and an agreement is reached
with them on how to deal with the matter.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
on behalf of the phpGroupWare Coordination Team