[Phpgroupware-developers] Filemanager

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Filemanager
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:20:24 +0000

Hi,

After a recent struggle with Filemanger (thanks Dave.  I have a 2 pound bag of
Peanut M&Ms with your name on it.  Where do you want me to send it?) and a
conversation with that client, I'd like to request a feature in the next
release:
It looks like the process of copying a file into Filemanager consistes of
placing
that file into a folder and then registering it in the database with it's
location
and permissions.  What I'd/my client would like to see is a way to copy a
file(s)
with Windoze Exlorer (Samba) into that folder and have Filemanager automatically
pick up on that fact that there are new files there and give them the
permission of
that folder or the user/group that is accessing that folder.

I see that if a user or group doesn't have permission to see that folder, it
doesn't
even show up, so it seems a reasonable default action on new files.  With new
folders, on the other hand, the admin would have to register them and set the
permissions.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

--