pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Initialization procedures

From: David Vazquez
Subject: [pdf-devel] Initialization procedures
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 03:42:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Some gnupdf modules like crypt, text and time have initialization
procedures. Currently they are public procedures and they are
described in the reference manual.

Since they should be called once at startup, I think we should hide
the initialization procedures to the user. The `pdf_init' procedure
can call them and avoid multiple calls. So, they should be described
in the architecture manual indeed. This could be done to removing the
BEGIN/END PUBLIC tags from initialization procedures. They would be
exported yet and they could be called internally from others gnupdf
modules, but they do not appear in the pdf.h header.

Another way is to do these procedures allow multiple calls explicitly,
so both the user and the library could initialize them when they are
required.

I can attach a patch for this if you think it is good.
More ideas are welcome.

Greetings,
David.