pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006.10.07.0
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:18:20 +0100

On Wednesday 11 Oct 2006 16:08, Duncan wrote:
> Dave <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 11 Oct 2006
>
> 01:57:57 +0100:

> I hadn't realized that UUE is being deprecated out entirely, as seems to
> be the case with knode and Thunderbird, but it's not surprising really,
> given that MIME is the only full standard, but neither of those clients are
> very good at binary groups anyway. I'm not sure about Thunderbird, but
> knode doesn't do yEnc at all, AFAIK

Knode's definitely not good at binaries, that's the sole reason I'm using Pan.
I may go over to using Pan for non-binary groups as well once the new version
is out and reasonably stable.

> I consider encouraging the removal of unused
> packages a /good/ thing.

I must admit, nearly every time I do an update via MCC I spot packages where I
ask myself just why I've got them and promise myself I'll get rid of them
'soon'. The trouble is, my calendar doesn't have a day called 'soon' anywhere
on it. :(

--
Mike