pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan basic behavior, dangerous thing(s) overlooked ?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan basic behavior, dangerous thing(s) overlooked ?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:27:04 -0700

Charles Kerr posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:53:24 -0800:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 01:41:23PM -0500, meaty wrote:
>> How dangerous is it to select all subscribed groups, right click and
>> select Delete Groups accidently instead of Delete Groups Articles and
>> end up deleting all your subscribed groups without confirmation?  This
>> is a serious flaw that needs some attention.
>
> File a bugzilla report.

That's a good one that does need a (possibly configurable) confirmation..
yes.  However...

It's probably a good habit to get into of not getting that close to a
dangerous location in the first place..  Thus, rather than use the above
technique, I've taken to using select-all, mark read, or select-all,
delete, from the header pane, b4 I leave a group, rather than doing all
groups together from the group pane.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that a confirmation should be
there at least if deleting more than a group at once, but it does help
keep me out of danger, and possibly explains why the issue hasn't been
brought up b4 this..

Benjamin Franklin