pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Confused about Pan basic behavior

From: Erik
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Confused about Pan basic behavior
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:46:52 -0600

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:37:28 +0000 .b e. wrote:
> in Edit/Preferences/Behaviour uncheck everything
> set a cache size 500Mb
[..]
> the header pane not updating is performance related, whats your hdd doing at
> that time, increase ram its become apparent pan needs  512mb

Are you sure pan is using all this ram and swap, and not just dealing with that
insane
amount of cached data you have laying around? I leave mine at 10mb, and have it
deleted on exiting pan. Pan never eats up tons of ram, never swaps out. I've got
512mb now but even on my retired system with 128mb, pan was fine and never
swapped out on large groups.

--
Erik