pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:16:14 -0700

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:53:03 -0700, Charles Kerr said:

> So get in your bug reports now... :)

Two more, one bug one complaint/suggestion/question.

First: There seems to be a problem with how Pan pieces together messages
that span multiple posts. It seems that if a message has (1/2) in the
subject, when you read that message, it is automatically concatenated with
any response to that message, whether the response has (2/2) or not. This
causes problems when someone posts a followup to a message with (1/2) in
the subject line, because when you read the original post, you see the
response as well... (I will paste an example below...)

Second, is Pan now giving up it's connections to news servers much more
quickly? In 0.14.0.91, I never had my connection close while reading a
message, now it happens almost every time... Is this configurable on the
user side?

Here is an example from #1. This is what I see in the body pane when I
click on a post made by Talon:

<START OF PASTED MESSAGE 1>