pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Should gnome-doc-utils be a git-build dependency, now? (

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Should gnome-doc-utils be a git-build dependency, now? (automake error)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:48:28 +0100

Am 19.01.2012 13:13, schrieb Duncan:
Duncan posted on Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:06:49 +0000 as excerpted:

Heinrich Mueller posted on Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:17:22 +0100 as excerpted:

Ok, it seems to be dependency of gnome-autogen so you seem to have to
install it.
Thanks.  Will do.
Argh!  That doesn't work!

But I decided to try a search in the sources to see where gnome-doc-utils
might be mentioned, and found this line at the top of help/Makefile.am to
be the only unconditional hit:

include $(top_srcdir)/gnome-doc-utils.make

But that file doesn't appear in $top_srcdir, at least if $top_srcdir
represents what the name seems to indicate, anyway.

Why not?  Well, it seems to be in the .gitignore, and I know I didn't put
it there.

Now again, I don't know enough about autotools to know if that automake
  --add-missing --copy should be copying that from the system location,
and something's out of order there, or whether that file should be
shipped, but one way or the other, it's not happening.

It's built automatically. I pushed a new commit to address this.