Re: [Openvortex-dev] Latest CVS

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Latest CVS
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:29:53 -0500

MAnuel,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:55:00AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Manuel Jander wrote:
> >Yes, of course ;), but i have no way to test it. I'm tempted to build a
> >SPDIF transceiver for my MX300, but i dont have anything where to
> >connect to. Maybe i could test looping my 2 Vortex 2 externally through
> >SPDIF ? It just a matter of routing the digital audio to the apropiate
> >ADB bus address, which is well known. Idont see any problem to route AC3
> >audio or what ever bit stream you want to the SPDIF port. Its just like
> >a serial port.

I have the Diamond MX25 with a MX300 if you would like it mailed to you.
Actually the MX25 board has lots of traces for what looks to be all
kinds of digital I/O, but they only actually implemented a SPDIF output
on it, I guess to save costs.

You describe the SPDIF port as a "serial" port.  Is it hardwired to only
do input/output, or can software make the decision how to use the port?
It would be interesting to let the user toggle it depending on how it is
to be used.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253