[Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:52:13 -0500

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 06:05:35PM +0300, O.Sezer wrote:
> Hi Ryan, all:
>
> I compiled 0.9.4 with your patches applied only to test
> if something broke. During compilation I got:
>
> In file included from au8810_mixer.c:2:
> au88x0_mixer.c: In function `snd_vortex_mixer':
> au88x0_mixer.c:20: warning: assignment from incompatible
> pointer type

Oops, looks like something didn't patch right.  I'll use a unified diff
this time:

> Upon starting alsa, the "low volume" issue was back
> again, therefore I backed those parts changing
> au88x0_mixer.c out, and the volume is good again.
>
> OTOH I now discovered the "External Amplifier Power Down"
> part in alsamixer, and if that is supposed to be fixing
> the low volume issue without the au88x0_mixer.c hack,
> then tell me and I'll test again.

Yes, that should do exactly what Manuel's hack in *_mixer.c did before.
Also, if your codec supports it, the DAC/ADC attentuation controls
should also be there.  Removing codec hacks from the aureal driver and
letting the generic ac97 support in alsa handle them seems like a better
idea to me, since this driver will eventually be integrated with the
alsa tree.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253