Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > void vortex_codec_wait(void) {
> > >
> > >-  /* Perhaps move the reads from the write_codec() to here */
> > >+  /* FIXME */
>
> Doh, well, all that needs to be done is to check if the reads from the
> end of the codec_write function should be put there instead.  I'm not
> familiar enough with how the alsa ac97 driver uses codec_wait, but it
> seems like it should be appropriate.

"The wait callback is used for a certain wait at the standard
initialization of the codec. If the chip requires the extra wait-time,
define this callback. This callback is always non-atomic, because it's
never called in the resume mode."

Thus we don't need a wait callback and defining an empty one doesn't
serve much point.

-Jeff