Re: [Openexr-devel] CTL Licence

From: Hai Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] CTL Licence
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:59:38 -0800

I was merely just asking a direct question out of curiosity to see if any of the verbiage implies something
one way or another - not if a definitively yes/no compatibility.

Regardless, based on the initial post of this thread, the agreement of compatibility seems a bit backwards. It seems to me that the GPL is not compatible with the CTL, not the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.

Drew Hess wrote:
Hai Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

Which clause in the license are you referring to that makes it
incompatible?

I doubt that anyone on the list is qualified to say definitively
whether the CTL license is compatible with the GPL, unless we have
some copyright lawyers lurking about.

The FSF will evaluate software licenses for no charge if you ask them.
Best just to send a request to address@hidden and ask them to vet
the CTL license.