Re: [Openexr-devel] CTL Licence

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] CTL Licence
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:36:18 -0800

What do you mean by "incompatible"?

Cyrille Berger wrote:
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right mailing list, but I have seen question other question around CTL asked on this list.

The current license used by CTL is unfortunately incompatible with GPLv2 (because of the juridiction clause) and GPLv3 (because of the juridiction and the pattent clauses). So, I was wondering if someone knows if there is any hope/plan to see CTL to become compatible with GPlv2+ in near future ? (or if someone knows who I should ask).