nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Have 4 locales, need only 2 distinct methods

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Have 4 locales, need only 2 distinct methods
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:15:31 +0100

Suppose that I need an specificic 'eu' method for one locale, and that all
other locales can go with a general default method. That is, I have 4 locales
(eu, es, en, fr), but I really need only two distinct methods, one for locale
'eu', another one for the rest.

I could solve that in the old Localizer placing a general ´mymethod´ method at
the root level, and the specific mymethod for 'eu' in its own locale.

Calling <dtml-var mymethod> looked first at its own locale folder, if not
present there, it took the general mymethod...

But now, I cannot create a general mymethod for "all-locales-except-eu". I need
to create identical individual methods, mymethod_en, mymethod_es etc and place them in
the LocaleFolder... Looks like a waste of methods.

Is there any other way to skip that?

The quick and dirty solution is:

 Luistxo/
   mymethod_eu
 mymethod

The default method is outside the LocalFolder instance.

If you're in hurry you can do that or replicate the four methods.

But I'll do something more elegant as soon as posible, I'll reply again
when it's done. Thanks for the feedback.

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Debian user (http://www.debian.org)