Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages

From: Valdis Klētnieks
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 11:29:07 -0400

On Sun, 26 May 2019 10:12:56 +0100, Ralph Corderoy said:

> anno does have a -component option, but pick doesn't.
> I think you mean
>
>     scan `pick --x-reminder bill`
>
> with the double dash.

Gaah.  And I even checked 'man pick' because I don't use 'pick' that often, so
figured I better double-check.  Which is why I screwed it up. ;)

Manpage quibble:

Note that '--component pattern'   has 'component' bolded as if it is a keyword
rather than a user-supplied value.  See image below.

Also... maybe I need to run out to the supermarket and get some more caffeine,
but
this is still confusing me:

       The expression

            `--component pattern'

       is a shorthand for specifying

            `-search "component[ \t]*:.*pattern" '

I even went back and checked rfc822, and it says:

     field       =  field-name ":" [ field-body ] CRLF
     field-name  =  1*<any CHAR, excluding CTLs, SPACE, and ":">

So what is that '[ \t]*' there for?  Does that ever actually happen?