Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages

From: Wolfgang Denk
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 16:04:40 +0200

Dear Robert,

In message <address@hidden> you wrote:

> Yes, I'd forgotton that one.   Having lines which contain just spaces
> legal, and meaning something different than an empty line, played havoc
> on systems that did e-mail using fixed length space padded records.

IBM mainfraimes with RECFM=FB, LRECL=80 (the classic format
for punchcards)?  Don't forget the EBCDIC encoding fun :-)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: address@hidden
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than
for all other causes combined."
                         - Fred Brooks, Jr., _The Mythical Man Month_