Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 16:02:40 -0400

laura wrote:
 > In a message of Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:05:15 -0400, Paul Fox writes:
 > >david wrote:

 > > > Is there really a need?
 > >
 > >true, i wondered that too.
 > >

 > > > And a separate tree is more likely to get out of sync.
 > >
 > >i figured it would only be built at "new release announce" time.
 > >
 > >paul
 >
 > Problem:  I didn't know that replyfilter and docs/contrib/replyfilter
 > existed.
 >
 > I'd like a solution where <some-mh-command> -version pointed me at something
 > that told me that this existed.

yes, i understand (though i didn't really, before).

we could easily enhance mh-chart(7) and/or nmh(7) to describe some of
the doc/contrib contents.  alternatively, we should move the important
members of doc/contrib (mainly, replyfilter) somewhere where it
wouldn't be "untraditional" to give it/them a man page.  perhaps
replyfilter should move to libexec.

hmm.  i see that not everything in libexec has a man page.  that seems
worth thinking about as well.

in the same vein, if there's anything in the doc/nmh/README* files
that should be more accessible, we should try and fix that as well.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 60.6 degrees)