Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 12:33:34 -0400

Laura wrote:

> In a message of Sun, 25 Sep 2016 12:57:19 -0400, David Levine writes:
>
> >How about this, in nmh(7) and the output from install-mh(1):
>
> This looks good to me.

Thanks.  I added it (along with where to subscribe to the mailing
list) to the nmh(7) man page and the end of the output of
install-mh(1), and an excerpt the end of each -help bbmessage,

> Ah, I was talking about the case where there is a man page, but no
> user documentation.  Lots of places I go don't install the documentation
> everywhere, just some places.

To add to what others have said:  we rely on the man pages as the
user documentation.  A docs directory, including the FAQ, is also
included in the distribution.  It isn't very large.  I'd be
interested to hear of packagers who omit it.

Jerry Peek's excellent book is available online at
http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/ .  Though it looks like it
was last updated in 2006.