Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:25:30 -0400

>I never even knew this was a possibility.  I've always put the
>filename last.  I'm definitely in favor of limiting it this way.
>Hopefully nobody has created a script that depends on this level
>of flexibility.  B-)  (It's highly likely that anyone using a
>custom postproc wrote it.  Is there some way to warn such users
>and prevent post(8) from completing, so that they can update
>their postproc without losing their draft or the draft being
>incorrectly post(8)-ed?)

Considering that it has been that way for several decades, and literally
every caller of post(8) would do that (depending on arguments) up to
a few days ago ... I do not think that would be wise.  I think the best
we can do change all of the callers to put the filename last and live with
that.

As for the man page ... sigh.  I understand your point, but like I told
Ralph almost every nmh man page is like that, and has been like that
forever.