Re: [Nmh-workers] Replying ... but not to "me" too

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Replying ... but not to "me" too
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:04:12 -0700

On Mar 25, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> The (UW) Alpine equivalent is the 'alt-adresses' construct.  BSD Mail and
> SysV mailx both had equivalent settings as I recall.

(Free)BSD's mail(1) says:

     alternates
             (alt) The alternates command is useful if you have accounts on
             several machines.  It can be used to inform mail that the listed
             addresses are really you.  When you reply to messages, mail will
             not send a copy of the message to any of the addresses listed on
             the alternates list.  If the alternates command is given with no
             argument, the current set of alternative names is displayed.

I'm pretty sure mailx acted the same way.

--lyndon